As an improviser, I know that saying “yes” opens you to new ideas and better ways of getting things done. As a writer and teacher who is over 50, I know sometimes life brings you choices.
This year, I made a promise to do three things I love: write, teach, and travel.
How do you know if “Chip off the Old Writer’s Block” is for you? Answer the questions below:
- Do you want to write but never seem to have the time?
- Do you have a story to tell but don’t know how to get it on the page?
- Did you used to have good ideas but they seem to have dried up?
- Is your writer’s block the size of an iceberg? The kind of frozen block that did in the Titanic?
If you answered “yes” to even one of the above questions, attending the “Chip off the Old Writer’s Block” is guaranteed to get the creative juices flowing.
I have more than thirty years of experience writing and teaching writers. I know how to get you writing, or painting, or, for that matter, any other ‘ing you can think of. Using a series of right-brained exercises, I can help you make the shift from a wannabe writer to an “I did it!” writer. Let me show you how to follow the compass to your subconscious. You’ll experience the first success right in the classroom with a group of like-minded people, and you’ll leave with a map for future writing success.
Here’s a list of everything you need to bring to the retreat:
- An open mind (or a closed one we can pry open).
Here are the dates and times for upcoming retreats:
- Saturday, April 14, 2012 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Stone Edge, a luxury B & B north of Oakville (details here)
- Sunday, April 29, 2012 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Toronto Island at Artscape (details here)
- Saturday, April 21, 2012 from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at The Hive in Vancouver (details here)
- Thursday, August 16, 2012 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Toronto Island at Artscape (details here)
If you still want info, please drop me a note for a free writing tip. I’d love to help you start writing today.